After a two-year hiatus, I’m thrilled to be bringing back the Slice of Life Project. I’ve taken her off the shelf and given her a lovely make-over. I can’t wait for you to see her!
In the Slice of Life Project, you will dig beneath the surface of your everyday life with your trusty camera by your side and unearth the beauty that has been there all along. Over the course of six weeks, you will learn simple techniques that will help you see with a photographer’s eye and improve your photos.
What I love most about the Slice of Life approach to photography is that it doesn’t make you wait for the perfect moment or the perfect camera. Instead, you will embrace the imperfections in yourself, your loved ones, your messy kitchen, and cluttered shelves. The Slice of Life Project will help you see, notice, and appreciate the nuances and details that make your life special.
Learn photography in a low-pressure, thoughtful, and playful way. No prior photography experience required. All types of cameras welcome (yes, even smart phones!)
“Slice Of Life opened my eyes to a lot of things. It changed the way I look at things, and because of that I find myself feeling happy about the smallest of things and at the most unexpected moments.” ~ Bhupali
You will learn:
- practical, tangible ways to take artful photos of your life.
- tools for seeing, observing, and celebrating your life, home, and loved ones – just the way they are.
- how to tell a story (YOUR story) with your photos.
- how to see the details in your life in ways that will not only enhance your photos, but make the process of taking photos more enjoyable.
- how to harness the power of your camera and use natural light, composition, and your unique point of view to get the shots you want.
- how to capture meaningful photos even when your children are squirmy and can’t sit still, you have dinner on the stove, laundry to fold, and a to-do list a mile long.
- how to sort through the photos you take, organize them, and select the best ones to share so they actually see the light of day!
The course includes:
- two emails per week for six weeks with a creative prompts, photography tips, and inspiration.
- interaction with me and your fellow participants in a private Facebook group where you will be able to share your weekly assignment photos, ask questions, share ideas, and hang out with some pretty cool peeps!
- lots of ideas to return to even after the class ends!
“I have searched for my creativity and I think I have found it. Taking photos of simple ordinary moments helps me to express my thoughts, my hopes, my gratitude, my passion. It helps me to reconnect to me…”
What this course is not:
- It is not a photography class with lots of technical mumbo-jumbo.
- It is not a class that will teach you how to be a professional photographer.
- It is not a place where we will critique photos or mud sling.
What this course IS:
- A warm, cozy place to visit and share with a creative community who share a love of photography.
- A place to reflect on our everyday lives and share the things that inspire us.
- A course that will help you sink deeper into your life, your home, and your family, and find the beauty in your life – just the way it is.
Fall 2014 session:
September 22 – October 31, 2014 SOLD OUT!
Winter 2015 session: Starts in January. Sign up for my newsletter to be notified when registration opens.
After you click “BUY NOW” you will be taken to PayPal where you can reserve your spot (no PayPal account required – just a credit card). You will receive a welcome email within 48 hours of registering. I will use the email you use to register through PayPal for all Lens Mama correspondence. If you would like me to use a different email address, please let me know. If you would like to purchase Lens Mama for a friend, please leave a message in the “note to seller” section when you check-out with PayPal. Include their name, email address, and if you would like me to wait to send them a welcome email.
“The Slice of Life Project not only showed me a different way to find & photograph the beauty in my life but it enriched my life as a whole.” ~ Amanda, Kind Over Matter
Future session info:
Sign up for my newsletter if you’d like to be the first to know when registration opens for future sessions and to be included in exclusive specials for newsletter subscribers.