- We are just finishing out an epic vacation to two family weddings on two sides of the country. Sadie had the honor of being a flower girl at one of the weddings. I’m not sure who was more excited, me or her. (Me, of course.)
- I learned so much about Sadie on this trip. I learned to let go of nap schedules and expectations and found that she is able to adapt much better to new situations than I anticipated.
- By the end of the trip, we will have taken four flights with a toddler. I have so much to say about this subject. I think I’ll write an entire post with tips and tricks that worked and didn’t work for us.
- The first session of LensMama ended a couple of weeks ago and I am still buzzing from the experience. Fifty moms from all over the world gathered and shared their photos and experiences. It was beautiful to witness the stories of motherhood in this way and to realize that we are not alone. I will be running the e-course again this fall and will announce the dates soon!
- Speaking of e-courses, my friend, Beryl Ayn Young, is running an e-course for mamas called Radiate: Rediscover Your Inner Glow. It’s twelve weeks long and I am thrilled to be a guest teacher one of the weeks! The class combines the idea of self-care behind the lens for moms (using any type of camera), with lessons (via webinar) containing super simple editing tips and techniques using the websites PicMonkey and Pixlr. Registration for Radiate officially opens on August 16, however, Beryl is doing this really cool thing – she’s offering a free mini class starting today, Monday August 12, so you can get a taste of what the 12-week class will be like before committing to it. I’ll be participating in the free class. Just click here to join me! (Please note: I am an affiliate and would really appreciate if you would use this specific link as that is how I am compensated for my teaching time for the class.)
- I’m soaking in the end of summer, watching Sadie change and grow. She may be a toddler, but there are moments when I see a glimpse of the woman she will become. And it takes my breath away.